Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Legs Workout

I thought I'd lay out another one of my workout routines for you to try and at the minute I'm really enjoying my legs training and thought I would share this with you.

Leg Raise resistance machine - 5 sets of 10 reps 97.5kg (mainly a warm up so keep rest times low -30 seconds)
Leg curl resistance machine - 5 sets of 10 reps 97.5kg (mainly a warm up so keep rest times low -30 seconds)
Calf press machine - 5 sets of 12 reps 265kg (calfs need high intensity so aim for less rest also)
Incline leg press - 4 sets 8 reps 260kg ( you can rest more for this compound move)
Held ab crunches (100 reps) as a short break from legs, remove lactic acid
Box squatts - 5 sets of 10 reps 100kg (all about the depth, get a low bench and sit down till your glutes are brushing it and the back up again, DO NOT REST ON THE BENCH!)
Standing Barbell calf press - 5 sets of 15 reps 85kg (again short intense calf session)
Held ab crunches (100 reps with 15 kg weight disc)
Stair master cardio machine - 6 mins at 115 steps per minute
Walking dumbell lunges - 4 sets of 20 reps (10 per leg) 28kg dumbells (try not to stop in between reps, stay low and keep walking them out till you've done 20 reps)

I normally aim to finish this in around 1 hour 5mins. So keep the rest times low and keep working, best results come from putting in more effort and less yapping. So get the ipod plugged in and really pump this one out cause it has really worked well for me over the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment