Thursday 22 September 2011

Power to Weight Ratios

This is the ultimate defining moment of your training. When you sit down at the end of the latest programme and work this out. Your power to weight ratio gives you an indication of your over all strength and your improvements. To work it out follow my example below:

My weight = 75kg
My bench press for 8 reps = 110kg

110kg divided by 75kg         =         1.46

This tells me that I have a power to weight ratio of 1.46 : 1, or that I can push 146% of my body weight.

You should be aiming for at least 1.1 as anything below 1 means that you can't lift your own body weight and really arn't doing well. You can work this out for dead lifts and squatts as well but the main indicator of power: weight ratios is calculated using bench press for 8 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment