Wednesday 16 May 2012

Cottage Cheese and Whey

Okay I know what your thinking, how on earth did this combination come about? Well all I can say is that I can’t take credit for this one. A few weeks ago I was watching a few youtube video’s and came across this teen bodybuilder- ‘Kyle Hynick’ talking about this snack and I thought, hmm I better try this. Trust me it is absolutely amazing, not only are the nutritional values solid gold for a shredding diet, but the taste is unbelievable. Even better news is that it can be easily adapted to a bulking diet.
Simply add 100grams of cottage cheese and 1 scoop of whey protein to a bowl and stir it up with your spoon. You’ll need to add a little water, no more than 50ml at most to make the whey mix well. What your left with is a custard looking snack that tastes like angel delight, (for those of you who know the desert brand).

So what’s the nutritional break down?
Protein – 30 grams
Carbs – 6 grams
Fat – 3 grams

If your on a bulking diet this is still a viable snack, but you might want to beef up the protein and good fats section by adding 50 grams of nuts or oats to the mix (or both). This raises the protein to around 40-45grams and fats to about 10 grams. Seriously though you need to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment